- 4 medium tortilla, whole wheat
- 1/2 cup black beans, canned
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 medium apple
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Stack tortillas and cut into wedges with scissors or a sharp knife.
- Place wedges in a single layer on an ungreased baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes until lightly golden-brown.
- Meanwhile, drain and rinse beans; add to a saucepan along with the salsa. Cook over medium just until heated through.
- Scoot chips close together on the baking sheet, and increase oven temperature to 425°.
- Pour bean mixture over top of chips, then sprinkle with cheese.
- Place in oven for 3-5 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Serve hot with apple slices on the side.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie