- 1 cup brown rice, raw
- 1 none cooking spray
- 1 pound beef, ground, 90% lean
- 1/8 cup taco seasoning
- 1 medium bell pepper, yellow
- 1 cup black beans, canned
- 2 medium carrot
- 2 cup spinach
- 1 cup lettuce, romaine
- 1 cup salsa
- 4 medium (2-1/2″ dia) tangerine (mandarin orange)
- Cook rice as directed on package.
- Spray a large skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium. Add beef and start to brown and crumble. Stir in taco seasoning. (We love our homemade taco seasoning! Find the recipe here.)
- While beef cooks, prepare the salad ingredients: Chop or slice bell pepper (as desired), drain and rinse beans, and peel and grate carrots.
- Add rice, beans, cooked beef, carrots, and bell peppers to a bed of spinach and romaine; top off with salsa. Serve with tangerines on the side.
Calories: 469kcal | Carbohydrates: 71g | Protein: 34g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 68mg | Sodium: 1112mg | Fiber: 11g | Sugar: 16g