- 1 pound chicken breast
- 2 medium carrot
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 6 tablespoon ranch dressing, low fat
- 4 medium hamburger buns, whole wheat
- 4 leaf outer lettuce
- 2 cup broccoli, florets
- 4 medium clementine
- Place chicken in a large pot of boiling water. Boil for about 40 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and it shreds. You should have about 2 cups shredded (1/2 cup per sandwich)
- Shred carrots until you have 1 cup.
- Combine chicken, carrots and 1/2 cup barbecue sauce in a bowl.
- Spread 1/2 tablespoon ranch dressing on each bun.
- Top with the chicken mixture and lettuce.
- Serve with the broccoli and remainder of the ranch dressing for dipping and clementines.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie