Healthy Asian Bowtie Pasta is a delicious salad with bowtie pasta, rotisserie chicken, fresh veggies and a delicious homemade Asian dressing.
Now that summer is in full swing, we are heading out to a lot of picnics and backyard parties. Finally! Homemade pasta salads like today’s Asian Bowtie Pasta are my go-to contribution for any picnic or cookout. This recipe tastes great cold or warm. You can make it ahead of time and it keeps well while traveling. It’s sure to be a hit wherever you take it if there is any left over! It tastes even more fabulous the next day because all of the flavors have combined and soaked into the pasta.
One Pot 20 Minute Meal!
I had some friends over for a girls lunch party and I made this pasta and it only took 20 minutes before being ready to be serve. I love when my meals take 20 minutes or less especially when my little ones are staring me down at the kitchen counter waiting to be fed. If you like fast and filling pasta salads, then this one is for you.
Start by boiling water and cooking your pasta according to the directions on the box. Drain and set aside when pasta afterwards. While pasta is cooking, julienne the bell peppers. Dice the green onions and cut up your rotisserie chicken into bite sized pieces. You will need 3 cups worth. Chop the cilantro last. Put your pasta pot back onto the burner on low heat and add the olive oil, soy sauce, sesame oil, honey, and rice wine vinegar. Heat over low until the honey has dissolved. Remove from the heat and toss in the pasta. Add the bell peppers, chicken, green onions, ground black pepper, sesame seeds and cilantro.
Versatile: Hot or Cold Pasta Dish
The great thing about this meal, is you can serve it as a cold pasta dish which is how I served it or serve it warm. I love this pasta dish and it is tossed with just a right amount of an Asian flavored dressing and fresh vegetables instead of the typical mayo or creamy based dressings. I loved that is was a very light dressing. I thought fresh slices of oranges made a perfect side dish.
Fast and easy Lunch, Dinner, Potluck or BBQ Dish
Try this new pasta dish as a new addition to your next lunch, dinner, potluck or family BBQ. It was a hit with my lunch party! I’m sure it will be a dish that everyone will enjoy too. What are some of your favorite summer pastas?
Asian Bowtie Pasta
- 8 ounce bowtie (farfalle) pasta, dry
- 1 medium bell pepper, red
- 2 stalk green onion
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 3 cup rotisserie chicken
- 2 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 1/2 tablespoon soy sauce, gluten free
- 2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 1/2 tablespoon honey
- 1 1/2 tablespoon vinegar, rice wine
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 3 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 4 medium orange
- Boil and cook pasta according to directions. Drain and set aside when done.
- While pasta is cooking julienne bell peppers, dice green onions, chop cilantro, and chop rotisserie chicken into bite-sized pieces.
- Return the pasta pot back to the stove. Add the olive oil, soy sauce, sesame oil, honey, and rice wine vinegar.
- Heat over low until the honey has melted.
- Remove from the heat and add the pasta. Toss until well coated.
- Add the bell peppers, chicken, green onions, cilantro, pepper and sesame seeds.
- Serve with sliced oranges.