Asian Beef Skewers
Tender beef marinated in a sweet and tangy sauce is served with easy frozen veggies and fruit for a healthy and colorful meal.
Asian Beef Skewers
- 2 tablespoon Hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoon vinegar, cider
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce, gluten free
- 1/8 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 stalk green onion
- 2 clove garlic
- 2 teaspoon ginger root, fresh
- 2 pound beef steak, any cut
- 10 wooden skewers
- 1 cup brown rice, raw
- 12 ounce frozen vegetables, mixed
- 2 cup pineapple
- In a small bowl, mix together Hoisin sauce, vinegar, soy sauce, barbecue sauce, sugar, green onion, minced garlic, and grated ginger.
- Cut flank steak across grain on a diagonal into 1/4 inch slices and then into pieces that will fit on skewers.
- Place beef in a 1 gallon resealable plastic bag, add the marinade, seal tightly, and gently rotate so beef is well coated. Refrigerate 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to high broil. (Note: You can also use an indoor grill such as the George Foreman).
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Discard marinade, and thread steak onto skewers.
- Place skewers on a grill type pan and heat until no longer pink, turning once during cooking.
- Meanwhile, pour vegetables into a pot and add about 1 inch of water. Cover and cook on the stove over medium heat until vegetables are heated through and tender. Drain.
- Serve skewers with rice, veggies, and pineapple chunks on the side.
Calories: 671kcal | Carbohydrates: 68g | Protein: 56g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 148mg | Sodium: 863mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 14g
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie