Baked Apple Banana Oatmeal
Banana Cream Pie
Servings: 8 servings
- 5 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup half and half
- 3 large egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 medium bananas
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- In a medium saucepan, mix cornstarch, sugar, and salt. Add milk and cream. Cook over medium heat until smooth and thick, stirring constantly.
- In a small bowl, whisk egg yolks together. Pour a small amount of the hot milk mixture into the eggs. Whisk until combined and then pour the egg mixture into the saucepan.
- Cook for 2-3 more minutes. Remove from the heat and add the butter and vanilla. Stir to combine. Let the mixture cool slightly while you make the crust.
- Preheat your oven to 400℉.
- In a medium bowl, add flour and salt and mix to combine. Add the coconut oil and cold water. Mix together just until combined making sure not to over handle. Use your hands to finish mixing until a dough ball forms.
- Place dough on a clean surface and roll out into a 12 inch circle. Carefully place into a 9-inch pie plate. Gently press the bottom and sides into the pie plate. Trim the edges and using a fork to crimp or your fingers to flute. Use a fork to prick the bottom and sides of the crust.
- Place a sheet of parchment on top of the crust and pour rice, dry beans or pie weights on top of the parchment. This will prevent the crust from bubbling while you bake it.
- Bake at 400℉ for 10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool for a few minutes.
- When the crust is done and slightly cooled, slice the bananas and layer on the bottom of the crust.
- Pour the filling over the bananas and smooth until even. Put in the fridge until chill for 1-2 hours. To prevent a film from forming on the pie, cover with plastic wrap.
- Garnish with whip cream and fresh banana slices before serving. Slice and enjoy!
Calories: 493kcal | Carbohydrates: 62g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 20g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 0.1g | Cholesterol: 81mg | Sodium: 281mg | Potassium: 331mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 35g | Vitamin A: 391IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 125mg | Iron: 1mg
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie