Water is boring to some kids, but essential to drink often! This summer, it’s important to keep your kids hydrated. Try one of these 5 ways to flavor water for your kids today! How much water should your kids be drinking? New recommendations do not have a specific amount. With different climates, activity level, and genetics, everyone needs a different amount. A tried and true rule of thumb is the pee test!
So, for letter-W, we are talking about flavoring up water! We love plain old water here, but sometimes to mix it up (or for fancy dinners and celebrations), we also like to add flavor to our water. Of the many delicious add-ins to water, our favorite is lemon slices and mint leaves! My sister in law made this for our last family party, and it was delicious!! Thanks Beth!
But, we also like:
- Frozen cherries added to our water!
- Use essential oils like lemon, lime, or even mint to kick up the flavor a notch.
- One slice lemon plus sliced cucumbers. Very light and refreshing!
- Ginger and lemon. Use sparkling water, and this tastes like Ginger ale!
- Fresh Fruit! We love strawberry, pineapple, kiwi or even orange!
For best flavor, let your add-ins sit in the water for a few hours to infuse the whole pitcher or glass!
Any other water flavor ideas?
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie