St. Patrick’s Day is a fun holiday that involves all things green. One way to celebrate this holiday is by serving fun food to your kids. Fun food doesn’t have to be full of food coloring and sugar! What are your family’s green food traditions? We have 20 fun and healthy food ideas to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day for you to try at home with your kids this holiday.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Leprechaun Hats by Creative Food
- Rainbow Fruit Salad Parfaits by Thirty Handmade Days
- No-Dye Green Pancakes by Super Healthy Kids
- Green Potstickers by The Flavor Bender
- Spinach Cupcakes with Irish Creme by Renees Kitchen Adventures
- Rainbow Pepper Pizza by Super Healthy Kids
- Green Fruit Salad Snack Recipe by Eating Richly
- Shamrock Dippers with a Pot of Gold by Super Healthy Kids
- Green Candied Grapes by Rachel Schultz
- Kiwi Kale Green Smoothie by A Side of Sweet
- Sweet Spinach Muffins by Super Healthy Kids
- Avocado Cucumber Cupcakes by Haute and Healthy Living
- Green Mac and Cheese by Weelicious
- Shamrock Bento by Creative Food
- Ombre Veggie Tray by Paging Supermom
- Shamrock Veggie Skewers by Two Healthy Kitchens
- Shamrock Avocado Toast by 360 Family Nutrition
- St. Patrick’s Day Fruit Skewers by Get Creative Juice
- Green Apple Sandwiches by Simply Frugal
- Whole Wheat Spinach Cheddar Scones by Family Food on the Table
Simple and fun healthy St. Patrick’s Day snack!
These Rainbow Fruit Salad Parfaits are the perfect treat to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day. The kiddos will love this colorful treat. You will love that it is a rainbow of fruit. A deliciously perfect rainbow of fruit.
Boost the nutrition and create a festive breakfast with these all natural green pancakes!
Make homemade dumpling/potsticker dough even MORE fun with this GREEN dumpling dough/potsticker dough! They are naturally colored with spinach puree. Then use these fun wrappers to make steamed dumplings or potstickers.
As you can see, the green doesn’t fade during the baking process. The end result is a moist, non-spinach tasting cake with a rich green color.
You only need one pizza recipe for a great crust, and you can create a million different pizzas! We love this Rainbow pepper pizza because the colors are so fabulous!
The all green fruit topped with a kiwi shamrock is a fun way to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day at snack time.
A fun and festive after school snack that is surprisingly easy to whip up!
A healthier version of a favorite sour candy, Sour Patch Kids. And green to boot!
A healthy and vegan kiwi kale green smoothie recipe made with coconut water. Start your St. Patrick’s Day off with a super nutrition boost!
Got a picky eater? These kid-favorite muffins are 100% whole wheat, refined-sugar-free, and packed with fresh spinach! Perfect for St. Patrick’s Day breakfast or snack.
Adorable mini cucumber cupcakes topped with an avocado and goat cheese icing. These little bites are the perfect appetizer for any party of get together. They’re healthy, low in calories, vegetarian and gluten-free!
This mac and cheese is not only super creamy and cheesy, it’s packed with nutritious veggies like spinach, broccoli and sweet peas which only add to the heavenly nature of this traditional, kid friendly recipe. See, it’s easy being green!
Simple to put together, but so much fun for your kids to eat on this fun Holiday!
Bite-sized green veggies served up in a monochromatic array will delight even the littlest leprechauns. Collect a variety of crunchy green vegetables: cucumber, celery, broccoli, green pepper, sugar snap peas and zucchini.
These easy Shamrock Veggie Skewers are a perfect St. Patrick’s Day appetizer for parties, and a fun, healthy after-school snack! Plus, if you happen to catch a leprechaun (lucky you!), you’ll know just what to feed him!
A perfect snack, appetizer, or treat to get into the St. Patty’s Day spirit. All you need is a few minutes and some simple ingredients (basically bread, avocado, and seasonings) to create this fun holiday themed treat.
Deliciously refreshing way to serve yummy green food on St. Patrick’s Day!
These apple sandwiches fall under the category of simple, delicious and budget-friendly.
These scones are fluffy, tender and easy to make. They’re loaded with spinach and cheddar cheese for a savory breakfast or brunch recipe that everyone loves!
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie