We love curry at our house. There is something about the sweet flavor with a little spice, yummy veggies over warm brown rice that says comfort food to me. All 3 of our kids love it too! It has a rich flavor with familiar ingredients which is appealing even to picky eaters! This recipe is perfect for those days when you don’t have a lot of time, but want to come home to a really great meal. I put my ingredients in the crockpot at 2:00pm, didn’t get home until 5:40pm and we were eating by 6:00pm!! I used my pressure cooker to cook up brown rice, and it turned out perfect in just 20 minutes! We paired this with fresh pineapple and steamed pea pods for a super yummy, healthy and balanced meal.
A couple of tips when making this recipe:
- To save time, I bought pre-trimmed chicken stew meat from my butcher. It was already cut into bite-size pieces and so no prep required!
- Don’t open the crockpot while it is cooking. Every time you open the lid, it loses a lot of heat and will increase cooking time.
- Put the veggies on the bottom. Layer in this order: Carrots, onions, peppers. This helps the veggies that take longer cook all the way through.
- If you want to add more spice you can do a couple of things:
- Add more curry powder
- Chop a few jalapenos with the seeds and add to the veggie mix
This recipe as is not spicy, which is perfect for most kids. Even my almost 1 year old loved it.
We love introducing our kids to new flavors and help them develop the ability to try new foods. This slow cooker coconut curry recipe is a great way to introduce them to different flavors, while still having familiar elements. We hope you enjoy!
Pressure Cooker Crock Pot
Cook perfect brown rice in 20 minutes!
Slow Cooker Coconut Chicken Curry Recipe