Someday, when I have some free time, I’ll have one page where I link to all our smoothie recipes. So, until then, here’s another:
- 4 oz silken tofu
- 1 cup POM juice (pomegranate juice)
- 1 cup frozen berries
Here is why we like Tofu:
- Its one of the only plant sources of protein that contains all essential amino acids (the silken variety contains 5 grams of protein for every 30 calories!
- low in fat
- contains heart healthy isoflavones
Here is why we like POM juice:
- Pomegranate juice is a great source of antioxidants. I was actually just tested on antioxidants in my nutrition class yesterday. (they stabilize free radicals that damage cell membranes and steal electrons!)
- pomegranate juice is good for your heart
- Good for your blood vessels
- May inhibit cancer formation
- Has been shown to clean plaque out of your arteries.
- studies show pomegranate juice helps with depression as well as improves bone mass.
One last note on Pomegranate juice. When we received some before, my kids loved it! We took some bottles hiking, and the drank it down. POM just sent us some more, and they didn’t like it this time! That’s kids for you! Professional flip floppers! But in smoothies, and popsicles, they did drink, and love it!! The best way to get over the flip flopping, is buying it more often. When my kids liked it that one summer, we should have kept buying it. But you know, we do what we can do!
*POM sent us this juice for review!