Fruit Nachos. A Sweet and Healthy Treat
Valentines is definitely a holiday that makes us all feel like we should gorge ourselves on sweets and chocolate. While I do love Valentines (I love wearing pink) and also love the occasional sweet, this treat gets its source of sweet mostly from fruit. A perfect thing to share with your loved ones this Valentines.
You will need:
- 1 pear
- 1 apple
- 6-7 strawberries
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup caramel
- 1/4 cup coconut flakes (I used shaved, but you can also you shredded)
- Slice your apples and pear in halves. I sliced mine pretty thin because my girls have an easier time eating them when they are thin.
- Next chop your strawberries into small pieces. Sprinkle onto the apple and pears.
- Melt caramel and chocolate in separate bowls. Place in a microwave safe bowl and heat in increments of 30 seconds on a lower power level. I did power level 5 on my microwave. Stir and heat until melted.
- Drizzle onto your fruit.
- Sprinkle with coconut.
If you want to be really festive, shape your apples and pears in a heart shape. I did this as an after thought.......yours will be much prettier I am sure! You could also get white chocolate and turn it pink or red. There are many toppings you could also use: Peanut Butter Sauce, Chopped Nuts, Craisins, mmmm. Delish!