Chia Seed Champion Pudding Recipe
With 5 grams of fiber per tablespoon. protein, omega 3 fats, iron, calcium, and magnesium; chia seeds are definitely a super food! They are even better to include in your kids diet, especially those picky eaters that you may be concerned about getting all those nutrients!.
A bit about Chia seeds:
- Chia seeds come from the desert plant Salvia hispanica, a member of the mint family
- 1 tablespoon of chia seeds contains 5 grams of fiber, 3 grams of protein, 2282 mg of Omega 3 and 752 mg of Omega 6 fatty acids (This makes them a really great source of both fiber and Omegas)
- A significant concentration of fiber combined with their ability to absorb 10 times their weight in water also makes chia seeds excellent for maintaining regularity and also contributing to satiety
- Contain iron, calcium, magnesium and zinc
- Emerging research suggests that including chia seeds as part of a healthy diet may help improve cardiovascular risk factors such as lowering cholesterol, triglycerides and blood pressure
When we come across super foods like this, it’s no wonder we want to find all the yummiest ways to serve them to our kids. That’s where chia seed pudding comes in. Not only is this pudding our favorite way to eat these little seeds, I would literally eat it EVERY SINGLE DAY! If you like tapioca, you are going to LOVE CHIA PUDDING!
It’s much easier than tapioca though- all you do is combine your chia seeds with some milk and a sweetener like honey. We used the carton of coconut milk today- but almond milk and regular milk also work!
Then, you let the chia seeds do their job. They absorb the liquid from the milk and thicken up to a pudding like texture.
Trust me when I say- this is AMAZING!! Please try it with your kids and let us know what they think!
Other ways to include chia-
|Chia Energy Bites||Chia Energy Bites||Coconut Chia Mango Pops|