This avocado and apple salad is the perfect salad to get your day off to a good start! Most kids wouldn’t associate salads with breakfast, but this is a great way to break them in slowly, because it’s sweet and delicious! Avocados are almost a perfect food in my book!
- It’s one of my kids favorite foods and one my kids willingly eat for breakfast.
- Avocados are brain food! If you want your kids to remember to do their chores each morning, they should be eating these! 😉
- They are high in Vitamin C, and what kid doesn’t want Super Immunity!?
- They are a good source of vitamin K, which really is helpful for TJ who literally skins his knee every day. Vitamin K is needed to activate blood clotting, or heaven help us, he’d be a continual fountain of blood.
- 1 avocado
- 1 apple
- 1 TBL raisins
- 1 TBL Walnuts
- 1/2 TBL honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Peel and chop apple. Place in bowl with a drop of water. Microwave on high for 1 minute.
- Stir, microwave for 30 seconds longer.
- Cool apples! This step is to make them the same texture (soft) as the avocado.
- While your apples are cooling, mix together honey, vanilla, and cinnamon, until well combined.
- Drain any water from your bowl of apples.
- Chop your avocado and add it to the apples.
- Pour honey sauce over avocados and apples.
- Add raisins and walnuts, and stir gently.
Add a hard boiled egg, and some whole wheat toast strips to make this a balanced breakfast!