- 1 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 2 cup chicken broth, low-sodium
- 2 teaspoon parsley, dried
- 1 medium onion
- 1 stalk celery
- 2 medium tomato, red
- 15 ounce black beans, canned
- 15 ounce chickpeas (garbanzo beans), canned
- 1 medium lemon
- 1 cup cranberries, dried
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup almonds, sliced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- Cook quinoa according to package directions, using chicken broth instead of water and adding parsley once it boils. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, chop onion, celery, and tomatoes. Drain and rinse beans. Zest and juice lemon.
- Place the cooled quinoa into a large bowl. Gently stir in onion, celery, tomatoes, black beans, lemon juice, 1 tablespoon lemon zest, cranberries, oil, and almonds. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie