Kid-friendly ground beef and cheese are mixed with classic burger condiments and wrapped up in a whole grain tortilla for a fun bun-free twist!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 6 medium tortilla, whole wheat
- 4 ounce cheddar cheese
- 2 medium tomato thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup slices pickle
- ketchup to taste
- mustard to taste
- Add the beef to a skillet over medium heat, cooking for 6-8 minutes until no longer pink. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Prepare the salad. Chop cucumber, peel and chop carrot, quarter cherry tomatoes, and thinly slice radishes. Add to a large bowl along with thawed corn, lime juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Toss well to evenly coat and set aside.
- Warm tortillas as directed on package and chop tomato. Layer each tortilla with beef, cheese, tomatoes, ketchup and mustard to taste, and a few pickle slices. Wrap tightly.
- Serve with salad on the side.
This quick and kid-friendly meal takes the familiar flavors of a cheeseburger with all the fixings, and wraps it in a tortilla! A fresh colorful salad on the side makes this protein-packed wrap into a balanced meal.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie