Veggie “Fried” Rice with Shrimp
- 1 cup brown rice, raw
- 1 medium bell pepper, green
- 1 medium onion
- 2 medium carrot
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 large egg
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoon soy sauce, low sodium
- 1 cup snow peas
- 4 ounce shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 cup, frozen mixed berries, frozen
- 1/2 cup yogurt, vanilla, low-fat
- Finely chop pepper, onion, and carrots.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet. Place the chopped pepper, onions, carrots, and garlic in the pan, cook for approximately 5 minutes to begin soften the veggies.
- Add rice, and sauté for 1-2 minutes, then make a spot in the center of the rice mixture. Whisk eggs in a small bowl, then pour into the center of the rice. Allow to cook while stirring to keep cooked egg scrambled. Once the egg appears to be no longer runny, mix into the rice and veggie mixture.
- Add sesame oil, and soy sauce, allow to cook for 1-2 minutes longer. Add snow peas, cover, and simmer on lowest temperature for 2-3 minutes longer, remove from heat.
- In a small pot, bring water to a boil. Cook until shrimp is pink and hot. Add to the rice and veggie mixture.
- Serve with frozen berries topped with yogurt.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie