This rich and gently-seasoned brown rice bowl can be topped with just about any kind of bean, veggie, or tender cooked meat.
Tasty Turmeric Rice Bowl
- 1 cup long-grain brown rice
- 2 cup good chicken or veggie broth (can use water + bouillon)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric, ground
- 2 medium pear
- Add rice, broth, turmeric, and butter to a large pot. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover and cook until all the water has absorbed. Remove from heat and allow to rest for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
- While rice is cooking, drain and rinse beans. Slice avocado. Prep any other toppings you like.
- Add rice to bowls and add toppings. Serve with sliced pears.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie