- 1 cup brown rice, raw
- 15 ounce black beans, canned
- 1 medium bell pepper, orange
- 4 cup spinach
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup cranberries, dried
- 1/2 teaspoon basil, dried
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano, dried
- 1/2 teaspoon parsley, dried
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/8 cup vinegar, balsamic
- 4 medium apple
- Cook rice as directed on package, then set aside to cool.
- Drain and rinse beans, chop bell pepper, and roughly chop spinach.
- Toss cooked rice into a large bowl, along with pepper, beans, walnuts, and cranberries. Season with basil, oregano, parsley, salt, and pepper. Toss with olive oil and vinegar.
- Divide spinach among 4 serving bowls and top each with the rice mixture.
- Serve with sliced apples on the side.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie