This fresh, mayo-free tuna salad sandwich includes a tangy vinaigrette dressing and white beans for extra flavor and fiber.
Tuna & White Bean Sandwiches
- 5 ounce tuna, canned in water
- 1 cup white beans, canned
- 1 medium tomato, red
- 1/8 cup chopped parsley, fresh
- 1 medium lemon
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 4 regular English muffin, wheat
- 1 cup arugula
- 4 medium carrot
- 4 medium apple
- Completely drain tuna and scoop into a small mixing bowl. Drain and rinse canned beans and add 1 cup to the tuna. (The remaining beans may be saved and used in scrambled eggs or even pureed and added to muffin batters.)
- Chop tomato and parsley. Peel carrots and cut into sticks; core and slice apples.
- Add tomato, parsley, 1-2 teaspoon of fresh lemon juice (more or less to taste), 1 teaspoon of lemon zest, oil, salt, and pepper to the tuna; mix well.
- Toast muffins and scoop out tuna mixture onto each of 4 muffin halves. Add arugula and top with remaining muffin halves.
- Serve with carrot sticks and apples slices on the side.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie