Light and crispy, homemade sweet potato chips!
What child doesn’t like chips? Right? I tried making sweet potato chips THREE times! First time, they turned black almost immediately (cooked at 425). Second time, not cooked long enough.. too chewy (at 250). Third time was a charm (except for the part where I grated my finger prepping the potatoes). Other than that..wink.. these couldn’t be easier.
- Take a sweet potato
- Grate or cut thin slices
- Place on baking sheet and slightly salt
- Bake at 250 for 1 hour (moving the potato slices around every 15 minutes.)
- There is a fine line between not cooked enough and burned. If you can land at that crispy- still orangish brown stage… They are delicious.
- If you don’t cook them long enough, they are chewy, and my kids didn’t like them. The crispier for us the better!! And at crispy… MMMMM..MMMM
These sweet potato chips make a delicious lunch side or snack. You can make ahead and store in an airtight container or baggies.
- They contain Vitamin A!! 262% of the Daily Value in ONE small sweet potato!!
- High in Vitamin C. 29% of the Daily Value in ONE small sweet potato!!
- Beta – carotene 23,018 mcg!! (I don’t think there is a Daily value for beta carotene, but 23 thousand mcg seems like plenty!)
Twice as high in fiber as regular potatoes
For more recipes, snack ideas, and your dinner plan already mapped out for you, check out our meal planning service! We take the deciding how and when to feed your kids healthy food off your plate and onto ours. With our registered dietitians creating these meal plans, you can be sure that your kids are getting all the nutrients they need in a day. We also make sure that we include plenty of fruits and vegetables so your kids can develop healthy habits for life! Check them out here.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie