- 2 medium apple
- 2 medium sweet potato
- 2 small new potatoes, red or white
- 1 medium onion
- 2 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cup vegetable broth
- 1 cup water
- 4 tablespoon maple syrup, pure
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 4 medium rolls, dinner, wheat
- Peel and chop apples. Chop sweet potatoes, new potatoes, onion, and garlic; set aside separately.
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium. Add onion and cook for 4 minutes. Add chopped garlic and cook 1 minute. Stir in potatoes, apples, broth and water; cover and bring to a simmer. When potatoes are tender, remove from heat and cool slightly.
- Transfer to blender (in batches if necessary) and puree until smooth. May also use an immersion blender directly in pot. Return puree to pot and stir in maple syrup, salt, and pepper; heat through.
- Serve soup with whole wheat dinner rolls.
Calories: 374kcal | Carbohydrates: 79g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 871mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 30g