- 4 medium rolls, dinner, wheat
- Peel and chop apples. Chop sweet potatoes, new potatoes, onion, and garlic; set aside separately.
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium. Add onion and cook for 4 minutes. Add chopped garlic and cook 1 minute. Stir in potatoes, apples, broth and water; cover and bring to a simmer. When potatoes are tender, remove from heat and cool slightly.
- Transfer to blender (in batches if necessary) and puree until smooth. May also use an immersion blender directly in pot. Return puree to pot and stir in maple syrup, salt, and pepper; heat through.
- Serve soup with whole wheat dinner rolls.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie