- 1 none cooking spray
- 4 medium acorn squash
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1 medium bell pepper, red
- 1 medium onion
- 15 ounce black beans, canned
- 2 cup corn, canned
- 2 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 425° F.
- 2. Cover a baking sheet with foil and lightly spray with cooking spray.
- 3. Cut acorn squash in half, seed, brush lightly with olive oil and sprinkle with black pepper. Place cut side down on baking sheet and bake for 30 to 40 minutes.
- 4. Dice bell pepper, and onion. Saute in a pan over medium high heat until soft.
- 5. Combine black beans, corn, bell pepper, onion, cumin and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in bowl.
- 6. Spoon half of mixture into each squash half and sprinkle each with shredded cheese. Bake 10 to 15 more minutes or until cheese is melted.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie