- 1 cup brown rice, raw
- 15 ounce black beans, canned
- 1 medium bell pepper, orange
- 4 cup spinach
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup cranberries, dried
- 1/2 teaspoon basil, dried
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano, dried
- 1/2 teaspoon parsley, dried
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/8 cup vinegar, balsamic
- 4 medium apple
- Cook rice as directed on package, then set aside to cool.
- Drain and rinse beans, chop bell pepper, and roughly chop spinach.
- Toss cooked rice into a large bowl, along with pepper, beans, walnuts, and cranberries. Season with basil, oregano, parsley, salt, and pepper. Toss with olive oil and vinegar.
- Divide spinach among 4 serving bowls and top each with the rice mixture.
- Serve with sliced apples on the side.
Calories: 575kcal | Carbohydrates: 94g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 582mg | Fiber: 16g | Sugar: 29g