- 1 medium zucchini
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms, brown, Italian, or Crimini
- 2 medium tomato, red
- 1/8 medium onion, red
- 4 ounce mozzarella cheese
- 3 ounce feta cheese crumbles
- 4 leaves basil, fresh
- 8 slice bread, whole wheat
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 medium bell pepper, red
- Slice zucchini lengthwise in 1/4″ strips. Saute’ zucchini and mushrooms in a pan over medium heat for a couple minutes or until slightly softened.
- Slice tomato and onion. Shred mozzarella and combine with feta and basil.
- Assemble paninis on an unheated griddle. Layer one slice of bread with a small amount of the cheese mixture, half the veggies (including the spinach and peppers), another thin layer of cheese, the remaining veggies, and one more layer of cheese.
- Top with a slice of bread and heat over medium heat until browned on both sides and cheese is melted.
Calories: 333kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 37mg | Sodium: 678mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 10g