- 3/4 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoon vinegar, red wine
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 medium apple
- 1/4 cup pecans, chopped
- 6 ounce colby-jack cheese
- 12 leaves basil, fresh
- Cook quinoa according to package directions; allow to cool to room temp. In a small bowl, whisk olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper; set aside.
- Slice tomatoes in half, chop apple, roughly chop pecans, cut cheese into cubes, and thinly slice basil. Add to quinoa.
- Drizzle dressing over quinoa; toss gently to coat evenly. May be served at room temperature or chilled for later.
Calories: 524kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 39g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 41mg | Sodium: 556mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 6g