- 4 medium sweet potato
- 1/2 medium onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 cup bell pepper, red
- 2 cup water
- 1 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1/2 medium lemon
- 2 medium pear
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Rinse and wrap sweet potatoes in foil. Pierce each one with a fork. Bake for 30-45 minutes, or until just softened (not too mushy), set aside to cool. Then cut 2 into chunks.
- Dice onion, mince garlic, cut pepper into bite sized chunks.
- Simmer quinoa in water for 10-15 minutes, or until water is gone and quinoa is fluffy.
- While quinoa is simmering, heat a medium sized non-stick skillet. Drizzle a small amount of olive oil in pan. Saute onions for 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly, toss in garlic and cook 1 minute longer. Remove from heat.
- Toss garlic, onion, and raw pepper into quinoa. Mix in remaining olive oil, season with salt and pepper, and lemon juice. Finally, toss in sweet potato chunks. Serve with sliced pears.
Calories: 400kcal | Carbohydrates: 72g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 230mg | Fiber: 11g | Sugar: 17g