Whether you are planning a treat for a Thanksgiving Class Party or a family party, the kids will have fun making their own cornucopias! Filling their cornucopia with some super nutritious food, rather than candy, and adding a tag with one thing they are grateful for will just be ‘icing on the cake’.
The first step you could let the kids help with, or have them pre-made. We used Waffle cones and dipped the edge in melted chocolate. Then, we rolled the wet chocolate in coconut, and crushed nuts. We chilled the cones in the fridge in order for the chocolate to firm up.
Snack Mix Included:
- Almonds – Decreases after meal blood sugar spikes!
- Dried Apricots– Promotes good vision as a source of vitamin A
- Walnuts– Contains a variety of anti-inflammatory nutrients
- Cashews– Contains heart healthy omega 3’s
- Dried Mangos– Improves digestion
- Dried Papaya– Contains immune supporting Vitamin C
- Pumpkin Seeds– Contains anti-microbial, anti-viral, and anti-fungal properties
- and yogurt covered peanuts– Because they taste delicious!!
- (source- WHFoods)
Then, we found some printable tags (that were really cupcake toppers, but they are super adorable!!) This is when the kids can write what they are grateful for. Erica wrote: I am thankful for Honey (My dog)
We used some cone shaped bags found at the craft store to enclose all of it, so the kids could take it home, or save for later.
Come back all week for more Thanksgiving Ideas!