- 4 servings pasta shells, jumbo
- 2 1/2 cup spaghetti or marinara sauce
- 1/2 medium head cauliflower
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 large egg
- 4 oz mozzarella cheese
- 2 cup (not packed) cottage cheese, lowfat
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 4 cup spinach
- 1 cup, sliced strawberries
- 1/4 cup, chopped pecans
- 4 tablespoon poppy seed dressing, light
- Cook pasta shells according to package directions. While they boil, preheat oven to 375 degrees and prepare a 9X13 inch baking dish by spreading 1/2 cup of marinara sauce on bottom. Set aside.
- Chop cauliflower into tiny pieces; even better, place the florets into a food processor and rice it. Place chopped cauliflower in a microwave-safe bowl; add a 1/4 cup of water and cover loosely. Steam in the microwave until it becomes softer. Drain liquid and toss cauliflower into a large mixing bowl.
- Mince garlic, add to cauliflower. Add egg, mozzarella (about 1/2 cups) and cottage cheese; season with salt and pepper.
- Place shells into baking dish; fill each with cheese mixture; top with remaining marinara sauce and shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake for 15-20 minutes, until bubbly.
Calories: 432kcal | Carbohydrates: 40g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 70mg | Sodium: 1483mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 21g