These quick and easy Spider Bites Healthy Halloween Snack is balanced with a grain and a protein and is super fun for your kids to eat!
How to Make a Healthy Halloween Snack
Snacks can be a great part of your kids diet, especially if the right foods are offered at the right times. Snacks can help manage kids hunger between meals avoiding spikes in hunger. They also can a much-needed energy boost between meals.
Because the Halloween season seems to be so laden with sugar, providing kids with lower sugar high protein snack options can help balance their diet this time of year.
How to make Spider Bites Snacks
For these cute spider snacks, all you will need is:
- Baby Bell Cheese
- Pretzel Sticks
- Mini Chocolate Chips or Candy Eyes
This snack is as simple as assembling the spiders! This is actually a snack that can also be an activity for kids. They can learn about spiders and how many legs they have. Then they can practice counting to 8 to make sure they have the right number of legs. Just make sure that your baby bell cheese is at room temperature so that the legs go into the cheese easier. Enjoy!
- 4 ounce pretzel sticks or twists
- 4 piece Mini Babybel Original Cheese
- 2 tablespoon mini chocolate chips
- Have the kids stick pretzels into the sides of their cheese for legs.
- Add chocolate chips on top for eyes; use a dab of nut butter if necessary to make them stick.
- Serve any extra ingredients on the side. Enjoy!