- 1 cup brown rice, raw
- 1 cup corn, frozen
- 6 medium bell pepper, orange
- 1 medium onion
- 15 ounce black beans, canned
- 1/2 cup spaghetti or marinara sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 4 ounce cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 cup pineapple
- Cook rice as directed on package. Remove corn from freezer and allow to thaw.
- Cut the tops off of the peppers, removing the seeds and ribs from the inside of each. Dice onion; drain and rinse beans.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the marinara sauce, beans, corn, onion, rice, spices, and cheese. Mix well.
- Stuff as much of the filling as possible into each of the cored peppers. Add the water to the slow cooker and carefully nestle the peppers into the pot.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or on high for 3-4 hours. The peppers will wilt a bit but should stay intact; be careful not to over-cook or they will be mushy. Carefully remove them with serving spoons.
- Top with extra sauce if desired and serve with pineapple chunks on the side.
Calories: 369kcal | Carbohydrates: 63g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 19mg | Sodium: 592mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 10g