- 1 medium onion
- 8 clove garlic
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 pound pork roast
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1 medium lime
- 1 medium bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cup strawberries
- 4 cup mixed greens
- 1/3 cup pecans, chopped
- 4 ounce feta cheese crumbles
- 1 cup brown rice, raw
- Dice onion and mince garlic; set aside separately.
- Heat olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add roast and brown each side. Place roast in slow cooker.
- Pour off all but about 1 tablespoon fat from the frying pan and return the pan to medium-high heat. Add onions and sauté until just barely golden brown. Add garlic and sauté for 1-2 minutes more until garlic is fragrant.
- Pour in orange juice and juice from the lime (about 1 1/2 tablespoons worth); bring to a boil. Deglaze the pan by stirring and scraping up any browned bits on the bottom of the pan. Pour this liquid over the pork.
- Add bay leaf and salt to the slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 2 1/2 hours or on low for 5 hours.
- At least 30 minutes before the pork has completed cooking, prepare the rice as directed on the package.
- About 15 minutes before pork is done, assemble the salad.
- Discard the bay leaf. Transfer the pork to a serving dish and slice it. Season the sauce to taste with additional salt and pepper if desired.
- Spoon onions, garlic, and sauce over the pork,and serve with salad and brown rice on the side.
Calories: 446kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 41g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 111mg | Sodium: 538mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 5g