- 4 medium russet potato
- 1 tablespoon butter, unsalted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 pound beef, ground, 95% lean
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano, dried
- 4 ounce cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon seasoned salt
- 14 1/2 ounce corn, canned
- 1 can 14.5 oz green beans, canned
- 1 medium cantaloupe
- First prepare the mashed potatoes, by peeling and chopping the potatoes.
- Dump chopped potatoes into a large pot of boiling water and cook until potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes. Drain water from potatoes.
- Add butter, salt, and milk to potatoes and mix well with a handheld mixer till smooth.
- For the casserole, cook ground beef in a skillet, seasoned with 1/2 teaspoon pepper, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder and 1/2 teaspoon oregano. Crumble the meat and cook until it is no longer pink. Grate the cheese.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a 2 quart dish, layer ground beef across the bottom. Sprinkle with season salt.
- Drain and rinse corn and green beans. Then layer the corn, sprinkle again with season salt.
- Next, layer green beans, sprinkle with season salt.
- Next, layer mashed potatoes and sprinkle with cheese and season salt.
- Cover dish and bake at 350 for about 20-25 minutes, or until everything is heated through. Allow to cool for 5 minutes then cut into 6-8 slices.
- Serve with cantaloupe slices. (Serving size: 1 slice, 1/4 cup cantaloupe)
Calories: 376kcal | Carbohydrates: 44g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 70mg | Sodium: 802mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 10g