Sweetened with fruit, this Pineapple Cooler is a delicious drink for kids without extra sugar! Skip the soda and make this for your kids at home.
Refreshing Homemade Drink
Have your kids begged you to go to the drink places that are all of the hype right now? Swig, Fizz, Sodalicious……they are everywhere!
I let my kids get soda every once in a while as a treat (because balance…..) but truthfully I really don’t like them drinking soda. Instead I make them fancy drinks at home that are fruit based and super delicious.
This Pineapple Coolers is not only super quick to make, but there is no added sugar or sweeteners. The pineapple itself is sweet enough to make a refreshing delicious drink. Pro pineapple tip: Turn your pineapple upside down on your counter to let it ripen and all of the sweetness will run through the pineapple. I find when my pineapple is really ripe, I don’t need to add any sweetener to this yummy drink.
Homemade Drinks are Healthier
Did you know that for a 20 ounce Pineapple Fanta, it has 80 grams of added sugar!?!?! The first time I read that I almost didn’t believe it. It is so sweet I’m surprised kids don’t get sick after drinking it. That is almost as much sugar as eating an entire pineapple by yourself!
Instead of a sugary soda, making this Pineapple Cooler at home with fresh pineapple gives your kids loads of Vitamin C, fiber, potassium and b-vitamins.
You can tailor your pineapple coolers to your kids texture preferences. You can blend it super smooth, blend with ice, or even pour it over crushed ice to make it more of a slushie feel. If your kids like sweeter drinks, you can either use more pineapple to make it sweeter, or you can use a bit of honey to give it more sweetness.
This recipe makes enough for 3 small children and 2 adults. I really think this would be fun to serve at a pool party, birthday party, or other family gatherings. Simply double and triple up to feed a crowd. What a fun and healthy punch bowl drink with some sparkling water! Whenever you serve it, I hope you enjoy this naturally sweetened homemade fruit drink!
More of my favorite Pineapple Recipes:
- Pineapple Coconut Ice Cream
- Pineapple Lemonade Ice Pops
- Cherry Pineapple Smoothie
- Whipped Pineapple Pops
Refreshing Pineapple Cooler For Kids
- 1 small/medium pineapple cored, rind taken off, and coarsely cubed for the blender
- 2 cups water or combo ice and water if you wish for it to be slushie
- 1 tsp almond extract
- juice of 1/2 lemon this is optional – my kids like a little and i like a lot so i tend to use a little bit and add more to my cup!
- For a Smooth Drink, put everything into a high powered blender and using the juicing option blend until smooth.
- For a Slushie Drink, put the pineapple, 1/2 cup of water, almond extract, and lemon juice into a high powered blender and using the juicing setting blend until smooth. Add 1 1/2-2 cups of ice to the blender and pulse until the ice is the size you want for the drink. You can blend a lot for small ice pieces or just pulse a little for more of a crushed ice.