- 15 ounce black beans, canned
- 1 medium onion, red
- 1 medium bell pepper, red
- 1 1/2 cup, cubes butternut squash
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 15 ounce crushed tomatoes, canned
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 2 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 1/8 cup chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 3/4 cup pumpkin, canned
- 1 medium avocado
- 4 ounce tortilla chips
- 2 cup pineapple
- Drain and rinse beans; set aside. Dice onion and pepper; cut squash into cubes (if not already purchased this way).
- In a large stock pan, heat oil over medium heat. Add chopped veggies and cook for 5 minutes, allowing them to soften while stirring occasionally.
- Stir in crushed tomatoes, black beans, stock, cumin, chipotle sauce, and pumpkin (if a hotter chili is desired, chop a chipotle pepper from the can and add it as well). Mix well and simmer for 10-15 minutes until veggies are softened.
- Top each portion with avocado slices, and serve tortilla chips and pineapple on the side.
Calories: 517kcal | Carbohydrates: 77g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 865mg | Fiber: 20g | Sugar: 20g