Let your kids have pumpkin pie for breakfast with a bowl of warm, sweet Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal!
Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal
- 1 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cup oats, dry
- 1/8 cup maple syrup, pure
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pumpkin, canned
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- Add water, milk, oats, maple syrup, and salt to a small sauce pan.
- In a small cup or bowl, mix together the pumpkin and pie spice.
- Swirl this mixture into the oats – you can keep the pumpkin slightly clumpy at this point.
- Heat on high until boiling.
- Continue cooking until the desired consistency is reached, stirring frequently.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon; serve immediately with sliced apples on the side.