- 1 1/4 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 medium onion
- 2 clove garlic
- 3 cup water
- 12 ounce penne pasta, dry
- 28 ounce crushed tomatoes, canned
- 1/2 cup chopped basil, fresh
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 4 ounce mozzarella cheese
- 3 ounce Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup vinegar, balsamic
- 1 medium honeydew
- Halve cherry tomatoes; dice onion and mince garlic.
- In a large pot, combine the onion, garlic, water, pasta, crushed tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, basil, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, then reduce to a simmer and cook uncovered until the pasta has softened, 25 to 30 minutes. Add the grated mozzarella and Parmesan, stir to combine.
- Serve drizzled with balsamic vinegar. If desired, garnish with chopped basil and Parmesan. Serve with cubed honeydew.