- 3 medium sweet potato
- 1 can corn, canned
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 15 ounce black beans, canned
- 1/2 medium onion
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 ounce cream cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 2 cup cilantro
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 medium watermelon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Bake the sweet potatoes for 45-60 minutes.
- While sweet potatoes are baking, place corn in a heavy cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat with no butter or oil. Sprinkle with salt and other Mexican seasoning (as much as you want). Do not stir! Let corn roast for several minutes before stirring. Let it roast for a few more minutes before stirring again. Continue this for about 10 minutes, until corn is browned and roasted on the outside. Set aside in a small bowl with the black beans.
- Dice and saute the onion in olive oil over medium heat until soft and translucent. Set aside.
- Remove sweet potatoes from the oven when fork-tender. Let cool for 5-10 minutes. Cut the sweet potatoes in half length wise. Scrape the flesh of the sweet potatoes out, leaving the skins intact. Sometimes leaving a thin layer of potato inside of the skins helps them hold together better.
- Mix the flesh of the sweet potatoes with the cream cheese, sour cream, 1 diced chipotle peppers, and salt. You can use a mixer or just a spoon, depending on how soft the potatoes are. When well-mixed, gently stir in the black beans, roasted corn, sauteed onions, and cilantro.
- Scoop the filling into the skins and top each with 1 tablespoon shredded cheese. Broil for about 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Calories: 473kcal | Carbohydrates: 92g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 18mg | Sodium: 883mg | Fiber: 12g | Sugar: 51g