Muffin tin recipes can be a great way to serve your favorite dishes in fun, bite sized portions. Plus it is a great kids cooking hack recipes with easy prep and minimal exposure to heat. To show you how easy it can be for kids, we are sharing with you a super simple recipe for Muffin Tin Pot Pie.
Hi there again! The Step Stool Chef and I are back to share another great recipe to get your kids in the kitchen. My son and I feature a “kids teaching kids” approach to cooking that features easy to follow recipes for kids to try at home. Today, we are excited to share an easy to make muffin pan recipe: Mini Muffin Chicken Pot Pie.
No cookie cutter? You can use the open part of a cup or empty can. We sprayed the bottom of the pan with olive oil because we weren’t using a non-stick pan.
Step 4: Bake in preheated oven at 375 degrees for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool on cookie sheet for 3-5 minutes then serve!
Muffin pans aren’t just for cupcakes or muffins any more. They make for great savory dishes that offer portioned controlled yumminess! Next time you are looking for great dishes for your kids to make, try this and other great muffin pan recipes like Mac and Cheese Bites and Breakfast Muffins!
Kids Cooking Hack: Muffin Tin Pot PiePrint Pin Rate
- 1 batch of crescent dough
- 1 1/2 cups of cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup of mixed vegetables
- 1 cup of cubed chicken
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Lay your crescent dough flat then use a 3-inch cookie cutter to make round shapes. Lay the round dough shapes in the muffin pan and press along the bottom & sides
- Mix cream of chicken soup, with 1 cup of cubed chicken and 1 cup of mixed vegetables in a bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon the filling mix into the cups with about 1-2 tablespoons per cup.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool on cookie sheet for 3-5 minutes.