- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion
- 1 tsp bay leaf
- 15 ounce chickpeas (garbanzo beans), canned
- 6 cup vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce, gluten free
- 2 cup, chopped kale
- 3/4 cup cashews
- 1 medium avocado
- 2 cup grapes
- 2 large pita, whole wheat
- Heat oil in a large stock pot over medium-high. Chop onion, add to oil along with bay leaf; reduce heat to low; cook until onions caramelize, approximately 20 minutes.
- Add chickpeas, stock and bring to a boil; reduce heat to simmer and add soy sauce. Cook for 3 minutes; add kale and cashews; allow kale to soften. (If using a whole bay leaf, remove it).
- Top soup with avocado slices and serve with grapes and sliced pita bread.
Calories: 540kcal | Carbohydrates: 64g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 27g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Sodium: 1937mg | Fiber: 12g | Sugar: 18g