The area we live in has a lot of kids. I mean a LOT! We love it – our kids always have other kids their age to play with and in the summer the streets are alive with bikes, running, laughing and playing. Since the weather is getting hot I’ve noticed a lot of kids have started a ‘stand’ of some sort. Snow-cone, lemonade, candy…….I remember having a stand when I was young and I loved it! It has reminded me of how much kids love lemonade. Lemons and strawberries were on sale at my local grocery store and so I decided to whip up a batch of our own lemonade. Pure lemon juice, strawberries, a little sweetener (a LOT less than the lemonades you can buy) water and ice. Yum. It was delicious if I do say so myself. Slightly tart, full of flavor and super refreshing.
We started with our fresh strawberries and lemons. I used the juice from 4 lemons. To get the most juice out of each lemon, you can pop them in the microwave for about 15 seconds and then roll them on the counter to release the juices.
Placed your rinsed strawberries, lemon juice, and sweetener of your choice in a blender. Blend until smooth.
- 2 1/2 cups fresh strawberries, rinsed and tops cut off
- juice of 4 lemons
- 1/3 – 1/2 cup sweetener of your choice depending on how sweet you like it and how sweet your strawberries are
- 2 cups cold water
- Blend strawberries, lemon juice and sweetener together in a blender.
- Pour mixture into a pitcher with 2 cups cold water, and plenty of ice.
- Stir and let sit for 5-10 minutes. Stir again and serve!
Add this mixture to 2 cups of cold water in a pitcher with plenty of ice. Stir it up good and then let it sit for about 10 minutes. Give it another stir and then serve it up!