This gluten-free version is just as delicious. I decided to make one simple swap and throw it in a loaf pan to switch things up a bit. Success! If you have a home garden like my husband and I, you probably have zucchini coming out of your ears. I’ve got lots of delicious recipes you could use it for – but first in line needs to be this bread! It’s moist, it’s chocolaty, it’s purely wonderful! It makes planting all five of our zucchini plants absolutely worth it. You read that right. We planted FIVE zucchini plants. For the two of us. Our garden under-produced on zucchini last year, so we overcompensated and decided to make up for it this year.
Have you cooked with oat flour before?
To be sure your recipe is gluten-free, make sure you buy certified gluten-free rolled oats.
If you plan to make the flour yourself.
Which I highly recommend.
Read a chapter in your favorite book.
Soak up some Vitamin D for 15 minutes.
Take a walk around the block.
Whistle the tune of your favorite song.
Throw the Frisbee around the backyard.
Snuggle up to a loved one and talk about fond memories.
The point is, there’s not a bad time to enjoy this yummy delicious good-for-you bread. Great for a snack or treat. Perfect with a glass of your favorite milk. Let me know if you give it a try, I’d love to hear from you! Leave a comment below and we’ll chat!
- 1/3 c. honey or slightly less
- 1/4 c. molasses or slightly less
- 1/4 c. organic coconut oil, softened or melted
- 1 egg , plus 2 egg whites
- 1 banana , well mashed
- 3/4 c. plain yogurt
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 c. grated zucchini approx. 2 medium
- 2 c. oat flour
- 1/4 c. ground flax seed
- 1/2 c. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 c. mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375. Once you’ve shredded your zucchini, squeeze out any excess moisture.
- In a stand mixer, mix together the wet ingredients (including the coconut oil & zucchini).
- In a separate bowl whisk together the flour, ground flaxseed, cocoa powder, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon.
- Slowly add the flour mixture into the wet batter and mix well.
- Lastly, add your mini chocolate chips and stir just until incorporated.
- Lightly coat your bread pan with cooking spray; fill 2/3 c. full.
- Bake for 1 hour – 1 hour fifteen minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.