These simple spinach and sausage egg cups have a little whole grain bread at the bottom for a surprising something extra that kids really like!Print Pin Rate
Servings: 6 2 muffin
- 2 slice bread, whole wheat
- 8 large egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cooked bacon or sausage, crumbled
- 1 cup spinach
- 4 ounce cheddar cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Distribute 12 foil muffin holders into a muffin baking pan. It is best to use foil papers here.
- Cut the sandwich bread into half inch squares and evenly distribute them on the bottom of the muffin cups
- In a mixing bowl or large measuring cup that has a pour spout thoroughly whisk together the eggs and milk. Add a few dashes of salt and pepper if desired.
- Evenly distribute the egg mixture into each muffin cup. It’s okay if the bread pieces float to the top. Add a few spinach leaves (you may need to shred a bit)
- Sprinkle an equal amount of both the grated cheese and the crumbled bacon (or sausage) into each muffin cup on top of the egg mixture.
- Bake at 350 for 15 minutes or until eggs are set. Enjoy or freeze (in-between sheets of wax paper) for another day!
Calories: 212kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 269mg | Sodium: 329mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g