- 1 medium russet potato
- 1/2 medium onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 2 cup pumpkin, canned
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger, ground
- 10 ounce frozen vegetables, mixed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 medium rolls, dinner, wheat
- Peel potato and cut into chunks. Dice onion and mince garlic.
- In the slow cooker, stir together the vegetable broth, pumpkin, potato, onion, garlic, brown sugar, chipotle peppers, cinnamon and ginger. Cook, covered, on low for 5-7 hours or on high for 2-3 hours.
- About 30 minutes before soup is finished, preheat oven to 425 degrees. Place frozen vegetables on a baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes or until tender.
- Using a food processor, blender, or immersion blender, process the soup until smooth.
- Serve with whole wheat rolls and roasted vegetables.
Calories: 222kcal | Carbohydrates: 44g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 822mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 15g