Cinnamon Crunch French Toast Recipe
French toast is a well loved breakfast around our house. It is a filling and delicious breakfast and so we make it a lot. We have discovered a way to boost the nutrition without changing the flavor! We added ground flax meal to our egg batter and created our Cinnamon Crunch French Toast.
We love Flax! It’s so versatile, so healthy, so fabulous! We just buy flax seeds and keep them in our freezer for whenever we need it. It is super rich in omega 3’s (2 TBLS has 150% of your daily value). Folate 15%, Fiber 20%, manganese 30%. We put 1/2 cup of flax seeds in our blender and in 1 minute we had flax meal!
We added 3 tablespoons of the flax meal to our egg batter, along with some cinnamon and dunked our bread in it. Omega 3’s have a huge positive impact on your brain, especially for kids! My kids love cinnamon and it was the perfect disguise for the flax meal. You don’t know if you were looking at cinnamon or flax meal.
- 6 slice bread, whole wheat
- 3 large egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3 tablespoon flaxseed, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- In a medium bowl, combine eggs, milk, flax meal and cinnamon.
- Whisk together until well combined.
- Dunk each piece of bread into the mixture and immediately transfers to a hot pan.
- Cook on each side until golden brown.
- Server with your favorite fruit and maple syrup.