- 1 pound beef steak, any cut
- 2 medium onion
- 4 clove garlic
- 1 medium poblano pepper
- 1 teaspoon oregano, dried
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste, canned
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 2 1/2 cup chicken broth, low-sodium
- 2 tablespoon paprika
- 2 tablespoon vinegar, red wine
- 1 1/2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 each cinnamon sticks
- 15 ounce black beans, canned
- 2 ounce cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon chives, fresh, chopped
- 4 cup coleslaw
- 4 medium pear
- Cube beef. Chop onion and garlic; seed and chop poblano pepper.
- Heat oil in a large Dutch oven over high. Add beef, and cook 8 minutes or until browned on all sides, turning occasionally.
- Once beef is almost browned, add onion, poblano, and garlic to the pot. Cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Add oregano, tomato paste, and cumin. Cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute. Stir in broth, paprika, vinegar, brown sugar, Worcestershire, salt, and cinnamon sticks; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium. Simmer 45 minutes or until beef is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Remove cinnamon sticks; discard. Stir in drained and rinsed beans; heat through. Sprinkle each serving with shredded cheese and sliced chives. Serve with coleslaw and pear slices.