- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound chicken breast
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 8 ounce spaghetti pasta, whole-wheat, dry
- 2 medium tomato, red
- 1/2 medium bell pepper, green
- 1/2 medium bell pepper, red
- 1/2 medium bell pepper, yellow
- 3/4 medium onion
- 1 1/2 cup chicken broth, low-sodium
- 1 tablespoon parsley, fresh
- Mix first 6 ingredients (spices) in a small bowl.
- Prepare vegetables by washing and dicing.
- Cut chicken into bite-size pieces. Use about 1/3 of seasoning to coat chicken.
- In another bowl sprinkle 1/3 seasoning on deveined and peeled shrimp.
- Cook pasta to Al Dente and drain.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in skillet over high heat. Saute Chicken for 2 minutes per side. Add shrimp and cook for another 2 minutes. Remove from pan.
- Put pan with juices back over high heat and add remaining oil. Add tomatoes, peppers, and onion to oil. Sprinkle with remaining spice and saute for about 10 minutes.
- Add chicken and shrimp back in and pour 3/4 cup chicken broth in pan. Cook over high until liquid is almost gone. Add remaining 3/4 cup of stock. Stir constantly, scraping blackened stuff on the bottom of pan.
- Reduce broth some and then turn to low.
- (optional) Combine 1 tablespoon cornstarch with 2 tablespoons wine or 2 tablespoons water in small bowl. Add to pan and simmer until thickens.
- Serve over noodles and top with parsley for garnish.
Calories: 366kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 39g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 177mg | Sodium: 736mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g