- 1 cup brown rice, raw
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 medium bell pepper, red
- 1 cup diced mushrooms, portabella
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound turkey, ground
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1/2 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 medium tomato, red
- 1 medium avocado
- 2 medium pear
- Cook rice as directed on package.
- Mince garlic, and dice bell pepper and mushrooms. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat and add veggies. Cook 2-3 minutes.
- Add turkey and season with salt, pepper and onion powder. Stir to crumble turkey and combine; cook until no longer pink.
- Remove from heat. Dice tomato and avocado, and gently mix into meat mixture.
- Serve turkey mixture over rice with sliced pears on the side. (Serving size: 1/2 cup rice, 1 cup turkey with veggies, 1/2 pear)
Calories: 420kcal | Carbohydrates: 47g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 63mg | Sodium: 180mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 9g