- 1 1/2 pound beef roast
- 6 cup water
- 2 cup chopped celery
- 2 cup whole mushrooms, brown, Italian, or Crimini
- 4 medium carrot
- 1 medium onion
- 1 teaspoon rosemary, dried
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1 clove garlic
- 6 ounce tomato paste, canned
- 1/2 cup barley, pearled, dry
- Trim fat from 1.5 pounds boneless beef chuck. Cut meat into 1/2 inch cubes.
- In a dutch oven combine meat, water, celery, mushrooms, carrots, onion, salt, rosemary, pepper, and garlic. Bring to boiling; reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer 1-1 1/4 hours or till meat is tender. If necessary skim fat. Stir in tomato paste and barley. Return to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer about 10 minutes or till barley is done.
Calories: 243kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 59mg | Sodium: 428mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 6g