- 4 ounce spaghetti pasta, whole-wheat, dry
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 large egg
- 1/2 medium onion
- 1/2 medium bell pepper, green
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 none cooking spray
- 1 pound turkey, ground
- 3 cup spaghetti or marinara sauce
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 4 cup lettuce, shredded
- 2 cup spinach
- 2 medium banana
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain.
- Stir Parmesan cheese and eggs into hot noodles, then pour into a baking dish (8×8 or larger) and press along the bottom, forming a crust.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Dice onion and green pepper; mince garlic.
- Spray a skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium-high.
- Add the turkey, onion, green pepper, and garlic to the hot skillet. Cook until turkey is no longer pink, stirring frequently to crumble.
- Drain any excess fat, then stir in the marinara sauce and continue cooking until warmed through.
- Spread meat mixture over the spaghetti crust, then spread cottage cheese on top.
- Bake for 20 minutes, then sprinkle mozzarella cheese over the top and bake for another 5 minutes until cheese has melted.
- Serve each portion with greens, topped with your favorite dressing, and half a banana on the side.
Calories: 563kcal | Carbohydrates: 57g | Protein: 43g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 191mg | Sodium: 1291mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 21g