- 1 medium russet potato
- 1 medium carrot
- 1/4 medium onion
- 8 ounce macaroni pasta, dry
- 2 cup Brussels sprouts
- 1/2 medium onion, red
- 2 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1 cup almond milk, unsweetened
- 2 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1 cup bread crumbs, plain
- 2 medium apple
- Peel and dice potato into 1 inch pieces, peel and slice carrot, and chop onion. Add these ingredients to a large pot and fill with enough water to cover veggies. Bring to a boil and then simmer for 15 minutes until veggies become fork tender. Drain and set aside.
- As the vegetables cook, cook the pasta as directed on package to al dente; drain.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice Brussles sprouts into halves, slice red onion, and mince garlic. Place onto baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper; toss with hands. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add cooked veggies, almond milk, nutritional yeast, salt, garlic powder, and pepper to a blender. Blend until very smooth.
- Add the puree to the cooked pasta, stir to combine, and pour into a baking dish. Sprinkle with bread crumbs. Place in oven and bake for 10 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve baked macaroni with Brussles sprouts and sliced apples on the side.
Calories: 489kcal | Carbohydrates: 93g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 1150mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 16g